Anguilla Local News

Visitor Feedback

  From the Anguilla Local News - Site Map.

[Click to enlarge children at computers] Every day brings interesting email messages about Anguilla. Here are two memorable ones from February, 1998:

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998
From: Michael Albert

Do you remember back in December of 1995, just after Hurricane Luis, in desperation I asked you to see if you could locate Paul Neuss at Seafeathers, because the phones were not back up in operation? Thanks to you, we did get in touch. We stayed at a villa in Seafeathers in January of 1996 and are just back from our 5th stay in Anquilla, 3 wonderful weeks in another villa there. We truly love Anguilla; it is a very special place and every year we learn more and more about the local situation (including the political situation) and make new friends.

Your web pages have been a real treat. When we visited the library on January 26th, we saw a bunch of children surfing the net, right across from the main desk. When we got home, we hit your web pages and there was a picture of kids surfing the web in that very spot. It gave us a great feeling. I really think the computer club is great for the kids.....maybe I could help out in some way when we come again next year, God willing.

My wife and I are working on putting together a box of books and supplies to send to the library. Wish we had a computer to send....

For now I just want to rave about Zara's - chef Shamash is super. We only ate out about 5 or 6 times during our stay, but Zara's was our choice three times! The lobster and mango salad appetizer is outstanding.

All the very best.
Mike Albert

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998
From: Patrick Delaney
Subject: thanks

My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Anguilla and the country is certainly a special place. We spent months reading your news pages trying to plan and then imagine our visit. The pages helped a great deal. We spent a couple of days in Grande Case, St.Martin, slowing down before we took the ferry to Anguilla.

On your pages, we found the perfect place to stay (for us!) on the island - the Rendezvous Bay Resort. It is a little rough around the edges but the sound of the surf each night went straight to the soul.

Thanks to your pages, we knew our way around so well that the four day stay seemed like much longer. We even knew that we wanted to visit Shoal Bay, Sandy Hill Bay, Sandy Ground, Cove Bay, Uncle Ernie's, Smitty's, the Palm Court, Straw Hat, Koal Keel and of course Pressure King and we visited them all.

Our most lasting memory of Anguilla is the kind people. Thanks again for helping to make a far away place seem reachable for without the Anguilla News pages I doubt that we would ever have decided to visit this wonderful country.

Patrick and Rosemary Delaney
Boston, Massachusets USA

 Revised: February 19, 1998

Mail   Subscribe   Submit news   Maps   Fly!
Index/Links Calendar Latest Back Issues
Villas Hotels Menus Activities
Beaches Tips Books Surprise!
Language Cays Nature Shopping