Anguilla Local News

Email from Visitors

www.news.ai   Site Map   Click to enlarge pictures

Here's a report from a visitor who took part in many local activities.

From: Paul Stephens (email: [email protected])
Date: Thursday, June 3, 1999 at 20:56:33

Just returned from one week stay on Anguilla. Highlight of trip was following boat race around the island from rented boat. Church service was a joy. Intrigued by the political goings-on right now. Devonish Gallery is the best! Attended Rotary meeting, launching of Anquilla Community Foundation, fundraiser for the National Trust at Junk's Hole and a few other public events and ceremonies to celebrate Anguilla Day. Best meal by far at Circle Inn.

All in all, not just a vacation but a total adventure.

Paul & Janet Stephens, Durham, NC.

And here is another email message from another couple:

Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999
From: Tom Auth (email: [email protected])

My wife and I again visited Anguilla in May, and found that time of year an agreeable one on the island. Not as crowded, but of course wonderful to plop on the beach and not do too much of anything. We stayed at Milly's Inn, where we have stayed several times before. Very comfortable, simple but reasonably priced, and with a pleasant view from up the hill above Shoal Bay. We were pleased to discover that Gwen was running Elodia's, the new beach bar and eatery. She is a gem, and watched carefully over us. If you need anything special on Anguilla, talk to Gwen.

In the evenings we ate at Roy's Place. The crayfish are delicious there. And one cannot say enough about the intellectual conversation and stimulating seminars which begin there at sunset and continue into the wee hours, with Roy and Mandy as referees.

Read more visitor reports.

 Revised: June 15, 1999

Anguilla Internet Yellow Pages

 Beaches